Hello and Welcome!
My name is Shian Chuan (全世安), which means “All World Peace” in Chinese. This name was gifted to me by my Chinese immigrant parents upon my birth in the sunny city of Los Angeles, California.
Even at a young age, I felt the desire to create a more peaceful and flourishing world and was drawn to studying anything I could get my hands on that related to the fields of business success, civic leadership, and human potential.
Since that time, this ongoing passion has led me to a series of fascinating roles within top non-profit, for-profit, public sector, and consulting firms across the globe — from Shanghai and Singapore to San Diego, New York City, and Seattle — and has equipped me with an incredibly diverse set of work/life experience that I draw upon daily in my coaching delivery.
Throughout all of my experiences, I’ve found myself focusing on several key questions:
How do we bring the world closer together?
How can we as a society refocus on humanity first, allowing people and our environment to thrive as a collective?
How can we run our businesses and teams with greater compassion, learning how to inspire others, leverage our authentic selves, and influence positive change?
In pondering these important issues, and how to address them effectively, I’ve concentrated heavily on finding the common ground that exists between all people and have learned how to blend diverse cultures, talents, and perspectives together “under one roof” in pursuit of a shared goal.
In addition, I’ve acquired a deep toolbox of coaching and assessment techniques that includes behavioral psychology, neuro-linguistic programming, holistic healing, and other modalities that have proven essential to helping me understand the power of the human mind and help unlock human potential.
The Keys To Leadership Development:
Journey from ME to We
So what makes an effective leader? What steps do we all need to take, ourselves, to empower us to positively influence the lives of others — and our communities, as a whole? After working with thousands of professionals, executives, and entrepreneurs, I’ve identified the essential themes and traits that separate leaders who hit a glass ceiling from the ones able to realize continued prosperity, success, and growth.
These insights include the belief that:
Mastering your relationship with yourself improves the quality of your relationships with others.
Practicing vulnerability and empathy creates stronger connections and trust with those around you.
Calming your inner critic helps you to receive feedback constructively, with less emotional charge.
Creating space for reflection/pause calms your nervous system, allowing you to be less reactive.
Listening to others without assumptions and judgements is the backbone of healthy communication.
Understanding your purpose and strengths allows you to advocate for yourself and build your brand.
Having a clear vision for your own future enables you to inspire others to pursue their own visions/purpose.
Identifying negative behavioral triggers is essential to emotional intelligence and self-development.
Learning to become a better leader allows you to scale the impact you have on others and build a legacy.
The Way Forward: My Invitation to You
If you’re an existing or emerging leader ready to become more authetic and empowered in the workplace, and rise to the challenge of creating an open, inclusive, and collaborative environment where everyone can thrive — both individually and collectively — I stand ready to assist you in your journey.
Here are three distinct ways in which we can get started:
Read my book Power Your Purpose, A Leader’s Guide to Creating a Better Life and a Better World, as a primer for transforming your thinking, redirecting your energy, and re-engaging your passion/purpose to navigate successfully through times of change and struggle.
Partner with me as an Executive Leadership Coach and Consultant where I can help you, your team, and potentially your organization zero in on their differentiating spark — and identify the path that will lead to peak success. In this capacity, I can provide 1:1 career coaching, leadership coaching, team training facilitation, and support around culture change initiatives.
If you’d like to expose an even larger audience to these powerful leadership concepts and new ways of thinking, I’m always available as a keynote speaker for your upcoming engagements and the development of high-impact programs tailored to the individual needs of your organization.
I appreciate the time you’ve taken to learn a bit more about me — and invite you to contact me at your convenience if any thoughts above resonate with your current situation/goals or you have a suitable need you’d like assistance with!
WHAT KIND OF GUIDANCE ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
Send me a message and let’s connect!
Helping leadership in large and small
organizations such as
“When I began working with Shian, my primary focus was on becoming a better leader and supporting my entire organization in addition to creating a more open, inclusive, and collaborative environment. Shian brought her own knowledge and research on psychological safety into our session, insights which enabled our organization to shape our own content in this area. She enabled us to take a big step forward in organizing a framework for our company’s DEI initiative.“
Allen Cheadle, PhD
Former Director & Founder of CCHE, Kaiser Permanente
“Shian led us through a process of discovery, ideation and deliverables that ensured we were being true to our values and vision, while applying coaching best-practices. As a result of working together, we now have a powerful offering to lead women from inspiration to action. She was very easy to work with, insightful and inspiring. We had to do the whole process over zoom due to the pandemic, and her great energy came through even in that format. I highly recommend working with Shian!“
CEO & Co-founder of OwnTrail
As Seen In
SHIAN IN THE MEDIA
- Erin Keam’s Podcast Show. An interview with Shian Chuan, Executive Coach on her book, Power Your Purpose: A Leader’s Guide to Creating a Better Life and a Better World (11/26/21)
- Thriving Entrepreneur Radio Show. An interview with Shian Chuan about surviving, overcoming, and thriving. Hear how you can make that leap from getting through, to really shining in your own life. (8/27/21)
- Cultivating Humble Confidence in Sacred Service. Have you ever struggeled with the desite to serve, give, and help and at the same time feel burned out by all the demands being placed on you? Do you feel that you absorb other people’s energies so easily that it can be difficult to stay rooted, clear, and present? Watch Shian’s interview with host, Demetria Manuselis to learn how we seed creation through the expression of our feelings and how to find the harvest that is most supportive to you without any struggle. (2/17/21)
- Seattle Times Newspaper, Covid-10 is causing workers to reassess career choices. Read stories on how Shian’s clients and others turn layoffs into a positive. How reevaluation of work and life choices during the pandemic span from younger workers to those in mid-to latter career stages, all wrestling with the same existential issues. (9/7/20)
- Lola’s Ink Podcast, Don’t Forget the ‘U’ in Us. Jenna Hanchard, former news anchor and a black woman, explores why she was afraid to pursue her storytelling dreams after leaving her career in local news. Jenna is in conversation with her career coach and teacher, Shian Chuan, who helped her part with her fears and self-limiting beliefs. (8/23/20)
- King 5 News, Thinking about a career change? Pandemic offers Washingtonians chance for change. Whether they have lost their job or spending more time at home, many people are searching for a new career direction during the pandemic. (5/20/20)
- Leading with Your Gut Podcast, How Do I Become More Me? In this episode, Shian discusses how an illness led her to become more intuitive with her body and how it ultimately guided her to make conscious choices about her life’s purpose. Learn how Shian helps her clients realign with themselves in order to live with more connectivity, peacefulness, and self-efficacy. (12/18/19)
- Joyous Expansion Podcast, Shian Chuan – Ignite Your Soul, Trust Your Intuition, Live Your Purpose. Brett Dupree talks about restarting his healthy living lifestyle once again and then interviews Shian Chuan, the Executive Whisperer. (11/9/19)
- Navigating the Rise Podcast, How to Merge with Your Past Self. In this podcast episode, Shian talks about self forgiveness and integrating one’s past. Many of us carry heavy burdens and trauma from the past. How do we integrate the past into who we are today, while staying present at the same time? (11/14/19)